Of all the shops turning out cool hardware these days, few get us as excited as Icon. And while their off-road beasts are heart-stopping in their execution and attention to detail, it's the company's Derelict line that really gets us grinning. Icon founder Jonathon Ward swung by Jay Leno's Garage to show off his latest creation: a 1952 Chrysler/DeSoto wagon with modern bones underneath. Ward started with a Chrysler Town and Country wagon before swapping over a DeSoto front clip for a little more
Every car on the road now has fuel injection. There was no real battle royale between electronic systems and mechanical, though both flavors saw plenty of development. Rochester's Ramjet system was effective and quite slick, contained in a special intake manifold. Bosch had K-Jetronic which was a mechanically metered system that later gained some feedback electronics, becoming the very first FI system to utilize an exhaust gas oxygen sensor for fine mixture control. Fuel injection systems have n
- Spy shots that automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!