UAW president Dennis Williams says he's still interested in getting workers organized at Tesla's Fremont factory.
Back in 2010, on the day that Bob King was elected president of the United Auto Workers, replacing Ron Gettelfinger, Dennis Williams was elected secretary-treasurer of the union. Last December, Williams was nominated to replace King when King's tenure concluded this month, and as of yesterday, Williams is the new president of the UAW. Gary Walkowicz challenged Williams for the position - Walkowicz ran against King as well - but Williams won all but 55 of the 3,270 votes.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX