TrueCar and automotive dealerships just can't seem to stay out of the spotlight. An investigation is underway by the Federal Trade Commission into a number of dealers that stand accused of "agreeing to refuse to deal with TrueCar," according to an FTC letter obtained by Automotive News. The alleged collusion, which would violate federal competition laws, has triggered a non-public investigation that has had many dealerships, and TrueCar itself, served with letters demanding documents.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!