If you drop $100,000 on a luxury sedan, it seems only reasonable to receive some preferential treatment at the dealership you purchased from. After all, that price isn't just for the car – you're paying for the brand and all the cachet that entails. For Mercedes-Benz, those benefits have apparently been lacking relative to the German brand's luxury competitors.
A new survey by AutoMD.com finds car owners trust independent shops over dealerships when it comes to vehicle repairs. The site surveyed 3,000 owners online between November 2 and December 12, 2012, and 80 percent of the respondents said they felt they had been overcharged for repairs at a dealership, while 90 percent felt they could save more money by visiting an independent shop.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX