Part of the fun in taking your sports car to the racetrack is going over your telemetry and seeing how you did from one corner to the next. We've seen a variety of these onboard systems at work – with the Performance Data Recorder on the Corvette Stingray emerging as one of the latest and most advanced – but Toyota is taking things a step further with its new Sport Drive Logger.
Chevrolet just introduced its nifty Performance Data Recorder at the 2014 Consumer Electronics Show that will show up in production form later this year on the 2015 Corvette Stingray. For the time being, this Cosworth-developed camera and telematics package will be exclusive to the Corvette, but Motor Trend is reporting that it could well show up in new cars and electronics stores in the not-too-distant future.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX