After the cancellation of the Dakar Rally due to terrorist threats, the Amaury Sport Organization decided to bump up its launch of the Dakar Series, a new campaign that attempts to bring the thrills of the Dakar to venues around the globe.
- John Neff
- Feb 11, 2008
As we reported last week, the Amaury Sport Organization that has held the annual Dakar Rally uninterrupted since 1979 has forged ahead after this year's event was cancelled an account of terrorist threats. They've already announced a new schedule of events called the Dakar Series that will kick off with the Central Europe Rally to be held April 20-26 in Romania and Hungary, and now they've gotten around to picking the venue for next year's official Dakar Rally.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models