American racer Robby Gordon was forced to withdraw from the 2016 Dakar Rally after an accident involving his support crew. Gordon had been on his way to the podium.
Dakar Rally organizers report a support vehicle and two taxis were involved in an accident on January 9. The support vehicle collided head-on with a taxi carrying six people, while the second taxi, carrying four people, overturned several times in an attempt to avoid the accident. Seven people were injured and are now being treated in a hospital in Tacna, Peru, including three occupants of the support vehicle. Tragically, the driver and one passenger in the first taxi died of injuries sustained
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX