It's been a little over a year and a half since General Motors first confirmed plans to offer a diesel-powered Chevrolet Cruze here in the United States, and we've now learned that the oil-burning compact will debut under the lights of the Chicago Auto Show in February. According to GM Authority, the Cruze Eco-D will be introduced as part of the entire 2014 model year Cruze range, set to go on sale in the second quarter of this year.
The Chevrolet Cruze is, hands-down, the greatest success in recent history for General Motors. Now entering its third model year, the Cruze has been one of the company's top sellers in the United States, and GM has now committed to keeping production here through a second generation. According to MSN Money, the new 2015 Chevrolet Cruze will launch in the fall of 2014.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX