Recently the Caledonia, Minn. Police Department took delivery of a new Ford Crown Victoria (curiously, CV production ended in September of 2011) police cruiser. This got the attention of not only the local criminals, but it apparently piqued the interest of the Houston County Sheriff's Department, too.
Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is looking into complaints involving steering column shafts that can separate on Police Interceptor versions of the Ford Crown Victoria. An official recall has not been issued yet, but a separated steering column could be dangerous in that it would cause the driver to lose all steering control of the vehicle. Fortunately, there have been no reported crashes or injuries associated with this issue.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX