Another one bites the dust (see also: LincVolt and HP2G).
Remembered as the year that the Apple Macintosh first went on sale, Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire and Richard Petty won his 200th NASCAR race, 1984 was also when Craig Henderson and Bill Green finished building the Avion prototype. Designed to be as streamlined as possible and built on an aluminum chassis with a composite body, the car made the Guinness Book of Records by achieving 103.7 mpg on a West coast drive from Mexico to Canada. Now, more than 20 years later with an updated drivet
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies