Last night, under the cover of darkness, an alien silhouette eased its way off the Santa Monica pier towards a long, but relatively quick, journey. The main clue as to the identity of this unfamiliar craft was the broad, easy smile of its pilot: one Terry Hershner, he of Guinness World Records fame.
The last time we checked in on Craig Vetter, he was hard at work designing a new inexpensive design for a vehicle capable of 100 miles per gallon at 70 miles per hour with a 20 mph headwind. Oh yeah, the 2-wheeler also needs to be able to carry four bags of groceries. No problem, right?
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies