A John Cooper Works On All Fours With Love Handles
The Mini Countryman equipped with the John Cooper Works package is the latest diminutive to be loaded into the brand's eccentric ad machine. As if a 211-horsepower, all-wheel-drive crossover on 18-inch alloys from a brand called "Mini" weren't novel enough, we're admonished to "Expect the unexpected" as the most powerful vehicle it makes is flicked through the desert and the snow.
With models like the X5 M and X6 M, BMW has shown it is no stranger to performance-oriented crossovers. That extended to its Mini brand when it opted to enter the Countryman in the World Rally Championship, but now we've received confirmation that a road- (or off-road-) going Countryman JCW is on its way.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX