The Dutch city of Amsterdam is the first European city to install networked charging stations provided by Coulomb Technologies. The first 45 Chargepoint stations (neé Smartlet) are being installed as part of a two-year demonstration project. Amsterdam plans to have 200 of the Chargepoints by 2012 with the goal of supporting up to 10,000 plug-in vehicles in the city by 2015.
A few months back, we heard about Sierra Nevada Brewing Company's plans to begin using waste from its beer brewing process to make ethanol. That's great, but there's apparently more greening going on at the company's brewery in Chico, CA. The first two ChargePoint Networked Charging Stations from Coulomb Technologies have been installed at the plant and will be used by employees and customers that happen to own electric cars.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies