Three years ago, Carbon Motors chose one corner of a shuttered Visteon plant in Connersville, Indiana as the location to build its diesel-powered E7 dedicated police cruiser. Carbon intended to invest $350 million to start production, providing 1,500 jobs at the same time. That investment, however, relied the US Department of Energy approving a $310-million loan to Carbon through the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program, a loan that was ultimately denied.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX