Traffic congestion is good for the environment. Wait, come again? Are we talking about Bizarro World here? Actually, according to Wall Street Journal writer David Owen, excessive congestion can actually be a good thing when it convinces drivers to explorer transportation alternatives instead of sitting in endless traffic jams.
- Sam Abuelsamid
- Dec 15, 2008
Apparently, charging a toll for drivers to enter a city center to reduce congestion was not appealing to the most residents of Manchester, England. Supporters of the congestion charge were unable to convince the majority of residents and drivers in the city that the C-Charge was a good idea. In fact, an overwhelming 79 percent of those who participated in a recent vote rejected the proposal.
- VW Atlas ticks all the boxes, but I just can't care
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- New Car Buying Guides
- Bollinger Motors' B1 electric sport utility truck
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Find and compare 2017 Models