BMW appears to be angling to become a truckmaker. Okay, crossovers, not trucks. Whatever you want to call the tall, heavy wagons, that's your business. Within the next five years, BMW's planning on adding three new truck-type things to their lineup. The X6 will arrive next year, followed by the 4x4 version of the MINI in 2009, and the also-small X1 in 2010. The MINI 4x4 will run a Getrag-developed AWD system, and we'd expect the X1 to use the basic component set of the forthcoming 1-series. The
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies