At Hannover Messe 2011, the "world's foremost technology event," German automaker Volkswagen unveiled a battery-powered compact van called the Elektro Caddy Maxi. Though only a prototype, VW will lease an undisclosed number of these electrified vans to the city of Hannover, Germany for two years as a way to conduct real-worlds tests of "CO2-free" commercial vehicles and to promote electric mobility.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX