Perhaps the clash between CHAdeMO and SAE Combo fast charger standards can be resolved by free market enterprise. For example: The Equinox 50kW fast DC charger, which "will be the first unit on the market to combine both CHAdeMO and Combo protocols," according the GRIDbot website.
The battle between the SAE Combo and CHAdeMO DC fast charger just tipped a little bit toward SAE's "J1772 EV and Plug In Hybrid EV Conductive Charge Coupler." The Car Charging Group is endorsing the new SAE Combo standard that couples a DC fast charger with the J1772 AC 240-volt charger, all in one charging point.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX