What's in a name? When it comes to model nameplates, quite a lot, and automakers go to considerable lengths to find just the right one. Same goes for the names of the colors in the catalog (save for maybe the Rape Yellow in the extensive Bugatti palette), but every once in a while, an automaker will open it up for suggestions from the public.
Like every decision involved in a new car, picking the names of the color palette is a delicate process. The name of a paint option means more to buyers than you might think, which is why automakers go to great lengths to pick the right color name and why we sometimes wind up with silly names like Bulldozer (yellow-orange) on the Jeep Wrangler, Red Alert! (and yes, the exclamation is supposed to be there) on the last-generation Nissan Versa, Alien (green) on the Kia Soul and Nobel Spinel Mica (r
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX