Automobiles and footwear, they're not that different, right? They're both transportation devices; Jimi said "his dusty boots is his Cadillac," putting it all in perspective. Sergio Marchionne has Balkanized the marketing of Chrysler's divisions, and Dodge has taken the opportunity to split from its long-serving agency BBDO, which has handled advertising and media buying for the whole of Chrysler.
Chrysler isn't happy with its current marketing partner BBDO, and the Auburn Hills, MI-based automaker has put the word out that it would like some fresh perspective. Among the suitors vying for the $1.1 billion account is Grey, a London-based ad agency under the ownership of holding company WPP. Grey was reportedly scheduled to pitch their new ideas to the Pentastar on September 22nd, but the agency seems to have hit a Tsunami-sized snag.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX