With BMW putting its Chris Bangle days behind it, one name that has emerged as a dominant force in the design of German luxury sedans has been Karim Habib. The Canadian-Lebanese designer and engineer rose up through the ranks of the BMW Group design offices, styling among other vehicles, the current 7 Series. A few years ago, Habib defected to arch-rival Mercedes-Benz, but was lured back to Munich to head up the brand's exterior design department.
Any way you look at it, Toyota's foray into Formula 1 has not yielded positive results. Despite throwing unprecedented amounts of money at the effort, their F1 team has not produced the kind of results to which the automotive giant has become accustomed. So they've apparently decided that it was time for a change in management.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX