FCA is promoting Pietro Gorlier, its global Mopar boss, to the role of chief operating officer for components. He will report directly to Sergio Marchionne.
Chief Operating Officer
According to Bloomberg, Ford is preparing to announce Mark Fields as its new Chief Operating Officer, putting him second in command to CEO Alan Mulally. Fields, 51, currently serves as Ford's President of the Americas, and this promotion would clearly put him in line to eventually take over as Chief Executive Officer of Ford once Mulally retires.
General Motors has reintroduced the position of President and Chief Operating Officer with the naming of Fritz Henderson to the post by Rick Wagoner. Henderson's move up from Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer sees Ray Young moving from group VP of finance to Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, filling the vacuum left by Henderson's departure. Group Vice President of Global Powertrain and Global Quality, Thomas G. Stephens, also makes the move to Executive Vice President
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!