Over in China, former Bricklin and former Chrysler partner Chery Motors has finally launched its A5 BSG sedan. The BSG is kind of like GM's mild hybrid system, but without the nickel metal hydride battery. It's essentially nothing more than an auto-start stop system on on the compact sedan. The belt-starter-generator (hence the BSG) system was developed in cooperation with powertrain specialists Ricardo. Fifty of these cars were provided for officials to use during last summer's Olympic Games in
Chery A5 Bsg
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX