2008 Race of Champions - Click above for a hi-res gallery
The team to watch this year is Germany, which puts together one of the most promising young drivers with the most decorated old champion. Sebastian Vettel, who recently left his test seat at BMW-Sauber for an impressive race debut with the erstwhile back-marker Scuderia Toro Rosso, will be teaming up with seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher.
This past Sunday, the Stade de France in Paris played host to the 2006 Race of Champions. For those unfamiliar with the concept, the ROC is an event that draws racing drivers from a variety of motorsports – including F1, NASCAR, Champ and Indy cars, rally racing, touring cars and more – to compete for one day on equal footing. The event is divided into two competitions: the individual Race of Champions and the team-effort Nations Cup. Drivers raced against each other this year in the
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX