Click image for photo gallery
Like a kid on Christmas Eve, Kia just couldn't wait until the big day and released the first pics of its pro_cee'd concept that it will show in Paris next week. The pro_cee'd is basically a three-door version of the cee'd crossover, which, along with its platform partner the Hyundai Arnejs, goes into production later this year.
[Updated with new photo] Called only the 'ED' when it was announced in July, Kia Motors' new model for Europe's all-important C-segment of small family cars will retain the unconventional name of its concept car predecessor - the Cee'd (pronounced "seed"). Apparently, the unwieldy moniker combines 'CE' - symbolizing the European Community - and 'ED' - standing for European Design. The role of the apostrophe remains unexplained...
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX