In the past, Porsche has repeatedly played down the idea of offering diesel engines in their product line. The rationale is that oil burners don't fit the character of Porsche's sports cars. That may well be true for cars like the Boxster and 911 but the Cayenne is a different animal. Porsche has also said that the relatively low volumes of their models would make it hard to financially justify the development of a new diesel engine. Porsche is apparently now ready to introduce a diesel-powered
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies