What's the word auto journos are looking for when they talk about what's missing in modern supercars? "Thrill." In general, modern motoring marvels are a lot more driveable, a lot more comfortable, a lot more reliable and a lot better at what they do than they used to be. But they're less thrilling than they used to be, and that's the sensation Chris Harris sets out to experience in a rolling test of the Morgan 3 Wheeler and the Caterham Seven Supersport.
The English are mad. And we know this for two reasons: one, they admit it; two, it's true. If more proof is needed, a video of Evo magazine's features editor, Henry Catchpole, sliding a Caterham Supersport up a French mountain in the snow should be enough. And the spindly car is missing its top. And he's missing his hat.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX