Well, Katie Rogers' 80 days are up. We spoke with Rogers, who lived for almost three months without a car in L.A., a town where people often say you need a car to survive, at the Santa Monica Alt Car Expo in December. With the end of the 80 day-affair, Rogers says her lifestyle has quickly changed back to being car-dependent, but she's still going to try to use the public transportation/bike method to get to work once a week.
Carless In La
The Alt Car Expo featured not only alternative fueled cars, but also alternatives to cars. Bikes, skateboards and public transportation were all present at the event. One of these alternative booths was staffed by people from in-production documentary Carless in L.A.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies