Negotiations over CAFE standards in the Senate continued today, with Democrats Harry Reid and Carl Levin leading somewhat oppositional camps, the New York Times reports.
- Sebastian Blanco
- Jun 11, 2007
This is the week the U.S. Senate starts full debate on a bill that would force higher corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) ratings on automakers. Automotive News' Harry Stoffer has a good run-down (subs req'd) on where things stand with the bill, as does USA Today, but it's a few days old now.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models