The C-130J crash killed all 11 onboard, and an unknown number on the ground, while the USAF has disputed reports Taliban fire brought the plane down.
As per usual, all four branches of the US military are represented in this week's best photos. This week's photos kick off with a rather bizarre scene, as a Georgia Air National Guard F-15 Eagle is towed through the town of Warner Robins. The single-seat fighter was loaned to the town's city hall to serve as a display for a new veteran's memorial.
This week's group of military photos covers the gamut (as usual). All four major service branches are covered, with some particularly good shots of the Navy and Air Force doing their thing, while the Army and Marines provide an up close look at their hardware and capabilities.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX