In 2009, Ford UK dealers collected 23,000 ruined bumpers from cars that had been in accidents. Why would they do this? In order to do a bit of recycling. Some of the material from those bumpers is now back in action, having been turned into bumpers – and other plastic parts – used in new Ford models like the Ka. Those 23,000 bumpers translate into 70 tons of landfill (giving each bumper an average weight of 6.8 pounds, since 70 long tons, used in the UK, are equivalent to 156,800 U.S
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
There are no questions about this topic.Click here to ask!