The idea of a big, rear-drive Buick sedan could be revived if GM decides to hand the Cadillac CT6's Omega platform to the near-luxury brand.
Heritage Auctions has gotten its hands on an interesting piece of automotive cinema history. Bidders can now vie for the 1949 Buick Roadmaster Convertible from the 1988 film Rain Man featuring Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. The straight-eight powered convertible is one of two used in filming and features an upgraded rear suspension to cope with the weight of a cameraman and camera equipment. The seller has included several bits of documentation showing where the big Buick was rented by MGM for f
Rutledge Wood, part of the Top Gear trio here in the States that went out to find the best car from GM's recent past, (wisely) picked a Buick Roadmaster as his steed. He then used the wagon to wind up victorious over the choices of his co-hosts. Now, Rutledge has shown that he truly cares about the LT1-powered five-door, as he just purchased a 1996 example to put in his own driveway.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!