The lovely – though far too pricey for our tastes – Volvo C30 Electric DRIVe will get its motivation from Brusa Elektronik AG-supplied electric motors. Based in Germany, Brusa says its drivetrain systems will power at least 250 – possibly more based upon demand – C30 Electrics.
If you don't want to wait for a traditional automaker to put an electric car on the road, a conversion of an existing vehicle is one way to achieve gasoline freedom. Using the Mazda 2 as their chassis of choice, Energetique has done just that with their evMe. While it's not the first new-car conversion from Down Under, it is the best looking and it offers some good performance numbers as well. Powered by lithium polymer batteries, the evMe is said to have a range of 125 to 155 miles, depending o
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies