The Indy 500 has all sorts of unique rules. The qualifying format we recently reported on is one of them, and so is the driver replacement rule. The regulations state that a team may replace a driver who qualified for the race with one who didn't, resulting in the revised entry moving to the back of the grid. And that's exactly what's happened with AJ Foyt Enterprises driver Bruno Junqueira and Andretti Autosport's Ryan Hunter-Reay (pictured above practicing last weekend at Indy).
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX