Remember the BAC Mono? The 1,190-pound, 280-horsepower, £79,950 single-seater from the UK was inspired by Bjork's "All is Full of Love" video, a car that Autocar scribe Steve Sutcliffe called "Fan-bleeding-tastic." The Mono has a U.S. importer now, that being Sector111, the folks in Temecula, California that address the aftermarket needs of Lotus Elise and Exige and Ariel Atom owners.
Autocar's ex-racer scribe Steve Sutcliffe sat himself in the middle of the BAC Mono – which is the only place to sit, actually – and came away with a helmet full of glee. The £79,950 single-seater apparently drives just like an F3 car, an effect created in part by its 1,190-pound weight, 280-horsepower, four-cylinder Cosworth engine and its F3 suspension. Sutcliffe said it handles better than a Lotus Elise, which one might expect of a race car for the road, but that it also dri
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX