We're not going to pretend that everything American kids do with their cars makes sense. Ghost riding, tray sliding and soaping sayings like "Sexy Seniors 2012 XOXOXO!!!" on car windows comes to mind. To be young and a car owner (or car borrower, in the case of most kids) often means doing strange and stupid stuff with your ride, and this rite of passage appears to cross all cultures.
Our first thought was "Boy, retirement plans sure ain't what they used to be." Reality, of course, is more banal, it's just UAW Local 651 going all nostalgic while demolition of the Flint East plant continues. The plant's last occupant was Delphi, but the plant has a history nearly as long as the automotive industry itself. With that much provenance, Local 651 is most likely right in assuming that some former workers might want to have a brick from the plant to put on their mantle. Michiganders
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX