Bonneville Speed Record
No faster diesel-powered vehicle exists than the JCB Dieselmax, now that the needle-sharp vehicle has broken the diesel land speed record at the Bonneville Salt Flats with a measured-mile speed of 317 mph Thursday. The JCB Dieselmax did two runs of 308 and 325 mph, giving an average (and record establishing) speed of 317.021. The vehicle's engine was developed by Ricardo, and Ricardo director of diesel engineering Ian Penny said, "Establishing a new Bonneville course record in excess of 300 mph
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX