We collectively rejoiced when Hasbro decided to keep the racecar as a token for Monopoly, but now it appears car lovers will have a new game piece to hoard, on a new version of the classic board game called Monopoly Empire. Instead of vying for fictitious properties and railroads, Monopoly Empire allows players to duke it out for ownership of some of the world's top brands; representing the automotive world in the new brand-focused game is the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray.
Automotive geekery isn't just limited to internet forums, dingy garages, or coffee shop parking lots. It extends far beyond that, actually. Board games - and we're talking the complex ones with rulebooks longer than The Grapes Of Wrath, not Chutes and Ladders - are actually a fairly popular outlet for auto enthusiasts. Take the wildly addicting Formula D, for example.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX