When the second generation X3 goes on sale early next year BMW wants more of its American customers to start special ordering the crossovers rather than buying them off the lot. Custom orders are more the norm in Europe where about half of all BMWs are spec'd up before being delivered to the buyer, and BMW has been promoting its Individual program which allows customers to pick and choose the colors and materials in their vehicles.
BMW Performance accessories is officially online with 32 upgrades Bimmer drivers, ranging from carbon fiber dress-up stuff to more serious bits like six-piston brakes with cross-drilled rotors or a carbon fiber suspension cross brace. Accessorizing BMW enthusiasts can also purchase form-fitting racing seats, a short-throw shifter, or even a steering wheel with an LED display that tracks lap times, acceleration, and top speed.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX