BMW has patents on two, bizarre three-cylinder engine designs meant to improve on the classic V-twin. One splays out the pistons in a fan shape, adds a cylinder to the traditional design.
Bmw Three Cylinder
- Chris Bruce
- Mar 12, 2015
- Eric Loveday
- Jun 10, 2010
2010 BMW 135i – Click above for high-res image gallery
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Jun 26, 2009
Lending further credence to rumors that BMW will be launching a new engine line that will feature three and four cylinders and comparatively small displacements is a report from Channel 4 in the UK that quotes BMW chief engineer Holger Winkelmann as saying the German automaker will soon launch the "most advanced small engine range ever."
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models