As BMW prepares to introduce its first-ever front-wheel drive car, the upcoming 1 Series GT, it looks like there will be at least two versions of the car. A conventional-looking hatchback was spotted testing late last year, but now we see an extended-length version in order to accommodate a third row of seats.
The German auto manufacturers seem hell bent on building a vehicle for every possible niche, and even willing to create a few niches of their own to introduce new products for new segments. The latest rumor has BMW building a new MPV-like people mover that is essentially a premium tall wagon, similar to the Mercedes R-Class. We had pics of a mule for what we were calling the V-Series a couple of weeks ago, but here's a rendering by that's said to preview the look of the finished product.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX