Since the end of the Detroit Auto Show this year we've been getting more details on the coming line of M Performance vehicles from BMW. Taking their spots between the standard line and the true M vehicles, examples like the 2012 BMW X6 M50d and M550d xDrive (neither of which will come here) get tweaks developed by the M division under the hood, in the cabin and around the exterior, mated to traditional items like torque converter automatic transmissions instead of dual-clutch gearboxes.
Bmw M Models
BMW's new M Performance models, enthusiast-tuned vehicles slotted below the hardcore M models but above the standard lineup, will start rolling into the States in early 2014. First in line will reportedly be the M235i coupe, set to debut at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show, according to Autoweek.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX