The other day we brought you a report from Reuters, which quoted BMW's global sales chief Ian Robertson as saying that the Bavarian automaker had already sold out the entire year's production run of its new i8. Impressive, sure, but perhaps not all that unusual for a groundbreaking new sportscar from a major automaker, of which only limited quantities are typically built. But is the i8 really sold out?
Bmw I8 Sales
Just in case anyone was wondering how plug-in BMW cars would be received, the answer is apparently "quite well." After speaking with BMW's global sales chief last week at the LA Auto Show, Reuters has learned that the plug-in hybrid i8 sports coupe is already sold out for its first year on the market.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX