The new BMW i8 plug-in electric supercar isn't set to make its official debut until September 10, when it will glide onto the Frankfurt Motor Show stage amidst a sea of flash photography. Of course, that isn't so true in today's world, where debuts are always preceded (often carefully) by "leaks."
Bmw I8 Concept
We've got good news for you if you've found your life suspiciously lacking in lasers. BMW plans to unveil new lighting technology within the next two to three years that uses highly focused beams of light to illuminate a dark road, according to Inside Line. The news comes courtesy of Hanafi Abdul, an optical systems designer for BMW, who said that a system using a photonic process to create white light is currently ready for production and awaiting the correct application.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX