Earlier this month we brought you a rumor that BMW was in talks with Ford to buy Volvo. Then just this week the rumor popped up again, in a Swedish newspaper. Now Ford comes out to officially quash the story, saying, "Ford Motor Company is not in discussions with BMW or any other company regarding an interest in the Volvo Car Corporation."
Bmw Buying Volvo
- Chris Tutor
- May 9, 2007
var digg_url = 'http://digg.com/world_news/BMW_reportedly_interested_in_buying_Volvo'; Autocar says BMW seriously considered taking Volvo off of Ford's hands earlier this year, going so far as to request financial data about the company, which is surprising on several levels.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models