BMW filed trademark applications for 825, 830, 835, 850, 845, 860, M850, and M8. Seems serious.
If you thought the BMW Gran Lusso Coupe concept that was shown at Villa d'Este a few months back was a preview of a new BMW 8 Series, prepare to be disappointed. According to a report from the UK's Autocar, BMW officials have "rejected suggestions" that a production model based on the concept was coming. To be fair, though, would you expect them to just acknowledge it?
So why would BMW choose July 2 to release a retrospective on the 8 Series? Could it have something to do with the recent unveiling of the Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupe concept, another sleek, B-pillarless V12 two-door, at this year's Villa d'Este? We have no idea, but the timing is likely coincidental.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX