In China, it's common for managers in various levels of the corporate hierarchy to have personal drivers, hence the proliferation of long-wheelbase sedan variants that we don't see in North America. Audi sells the A4L and A6L there, and now BMW is following up the 535Li it currently offers in China with a elongated version of the new 3 Series sedan.
A few images of the new Chinese-market long-wheelbase BMW 3 Series have made their way to the web. The vehicle's profile clearly shows a few extra inches of room for rear passengers, though the additional space between the front and rear wheels doesn't infringe too heavily on the sedan's design.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX