To reverse the old Field of Dreams quote, they are coming, so BMW is building them. All indications are that US demand for the BMW i3 plug-in will be larger than initially expected. As a result, the automaker is upping production at its German factor by more than 50 percent in advance of stateside sales, Automotive News says, citing BMW boardmember Harald Krueger.
- Danny King
- Jun 27, 2013
A recent BMW forecast predicted that electric vehicles will, within five years, offer double the range from a single charge they do today. If this statement was designed to get publicity for the company's soon-to-debut i3 EV, it certainly generated discussion, but not much in the way of agreement.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models