We've already watched the 2012 Best Driver's Car competition from Motor Trend numerous times, and like us, apparently many M/T viewers had questions about the week-long, nine-car comparison. Not wanting to disappoint its audience, the crew got together to enjoy a few pints while reflecting on the experience and respond to viewer questions during an episode of The Downshift.
Best Drivers Car 2012
Here's a test of nine cars (see above), only two of which make less than 500 horsepower. Three of these nine cars recorded 0-60 times of less than three seconds, and all the rest but one (the Subaru BRZ), did it in 4.2 or less. Those are impressive stats, to be sure, but huge horsepower figures and stupid-quick acceleration, while certainly amazing in its own way, doesn't necessarily mean the car is a blast to drive – as Motor Trend says, if it were, they'd be testing a bunch of Top Fuel d
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX