If you were appointing a steward to supervise the safe and fair running of a major auto race, you'd probably appoint someone with unimpeachable credentials, right? Someone who wouldn't have, say, totaled an F1 car in a publicity stunt for the gathered press? Well, if you needed any further indication that the FIA is a bit backwards, here it is: Mohammed Bin Sulayem (pictured above, at left) was appointed official race steward for this past weekend's Turkish Grand Prix.
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
Ben Sulayem Questions
There are no questions about this topic.Be the first to ask!